Welcome to ScanUK
The purpose of this group is the exchange of technical Information concerning transmissions from Low VHF to SHF and beyond although I encourage HF discussion too.
We started originally as a spinoff from ScanPromaUK, a rather useful and highly regarded group for scanning originally owned by Paul Wey. When this group closed, I opened UKScanGroup where we came to be until 2017, when Yahoo's future was unpredictable and better alternatives were available. We are now called ScanUK, and with Groups.io as our host.Our future?
As the future appears to be more and more digital users and less analogue I intend on having conversations to help members use digital radios, identify the different digital modes, and make monitoring as easy as it used to be. Topics about SDR, DRM, antenna advice, ham radio, DMR and Tetra are to be expected and much more besides.
I also wish to make a new site to support the group to allow recording frequency data and user information. This will only happen if someone or a group of people are willing to assist as I have no web development skills, and building a database is a massive undertaking for someone from scratch.
- 668 Members
- 2,877 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their posts.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]