Topics

Yellow-breasted Sapsucker - North Clairemont Rec Center

Janice Nordenberg

This morning about 9:30 I saw and photographed (poorly due to bad light) a Yellow-breasted Sapsucker near the North Clairemont Recreation Center at 4421 Bannock Avenue. I've confirmed my ID with Paul and Justyn. This is likely the same bird that wintered there last year. Last year it was seen mostly in the two very dense trees immediately south of the playground that's next to the rec center building. Today I saw it in one of the small not so leafy trees immediately to the right/east of those trees by the fence. There's also a Red-breasted Sapsucker in the same area that I photographed.

Jan Nordenberg
San Diego

Janice Nordenberg

Obviously Yellow-bellied Sapsucker!

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 1:35 PM Janice Nordenberg via groups.io <jnordenb=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
This morning about 9:30 I saw and photographed (poorly due to bad light) a Yellow-breasted Sapsucker near the North Clairemont Recreation Center at 4421 Bannock Avenue. I've confirmed my ID with Paul and Justyn. This is likely the same bird that wintered there last year. Last year it was seen mostly in the two very dense trees immediately south of the playground that's next to the rec center building. Today I saw it in one of the small not so leafy trees immediately to the right/east of those trees by the fence. There's also a Red-breasted Sapsucker in the same area that I photographed.

Jan Nordenberg

Jan Nordenberg Sent from Gmail Mobile

John Walters

On 11/24/2020 1:34 PM, Janice Nordenberg wrote:
This morning about 9:30 I saw and photographed (poorly due to bad light) a Yellow-breasted Sapsucker near the North Clairemont Recreation Center at 4421 Bannock Avenue. I've confirmed my ID with Paul and Justyn. This is likely the same bird that wintered there last year. Last year it was seen mostly in the two very dense trees immediately south of the playground that's next to the rec center building. Today I saw it in one of the small not so leafy trees immediately to the right/east of those trees by the fence. There's also a Red-breasted Sapsucker in the same area that I photographed.

Jan Nordenberg
San Diego

In the interest of optimizing future searches, I believe you saw a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker.

John Walters

Bonita, CA

johnfwalters5552@...

_._,_._,_