Topics

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker - North Clairemont Rec Center

Barbara

The North Clairemont Recreational Area also has a female/young male type Summer Tanager, a Western Tanager, and a continuing young male Bullock's Oriole. The oriole was first recorded on 11/11 by Jay Desgrosellier. Neither sapsucker was seen this morning as far as I know.

Barbara Carlson
San Diego

On Tuesday, November 24, 2020, 01:35:09 PM PST, Janice Nordenberg <jnordenb@...> wrote:

This morning about 9:30 I saw and photographed (poorly due to bad light) a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker near the North Clairemont Recreation Center at 4421 Bannock Avenue. I've confirmed my ID with Paul and Justyn. This is likely the same bird that wintered there last year. Last year it was seen mostly in the two very dense trees immediately south of the playground that's next to the rec center building. Today I saw it in one of the small not so leafy trees immediately to the right/east of those trees by the fence. There's also a Red-breasted Sapsucker in the same area that I photographed.

Jan Nordenberg
San Diego