Solitary Sand and other North County misc.

Gjon Hazard

This morning (7/24), I had a Solitary Sandpiper at San Elijo Lagoon. I saw it as it buzzed by; it continued south. Details:

Additionally, on Monday, I had an early-for-the-coastal-lowlands Mtn Chickadee in my east Encinitas neighborhood (on eBird but not linked below), and later that morning I had a CANYON WREN (!) hang out on my deck for a few hours (It sang too! well, at least half-heartedly).

https://ebird.org/checklist/S91996271

And here I had been oh, so proud to have found one for my 5-mile radius list earlier this spring (never imagining that I’d get one — ever — on my 0-mile radius list).

Happy trails.

-Gjon

--
- - -