SDFO Zoom meetings, third Tuesday of each month

Barbara

SDFO (San Diego Field Ornithologists) continue to have their meetings via Zoom on the third Tuesday of each month.

We'd love to have you join us if you aren't already a member! Memberships are $25 for a single person and $35 for a household. Please contact me offline for my mailing address or for any questions you might have.

Our meeting this month features Rob Williams presenting, “The Andean Condor: The Demise and Fall of a Deity. The Andean Condor is one of the largest flying land birds. It evolved to feed on the carcasses of the Pleistocene megafauna. Revered by peoples throughout the Americas as a deity, it has suffered a catastrophic decline over the last century. This illustrated lecture examines its ecology, cultural significance to ancient peoples and in the modern world, the causes of its decline and hopes for its future survival."

Next month’s meeting on Tuesday, March 16th will feature Phil Unitt discussing the history of his Department of Birds and Mammals collection: 145 years condensed into one hour!

Sincerely,
Barbara Carlson
SDFO Membership