San Elijo Stonebridge Trail Sage Thrasher

Geoff Veith

The sage thrasher found by Dan King was re-found this morning at the same location Dan reported yesterday and day before

Gjon Hazard

If you’re unfamiliar with the area, the access is from San Elijo Lagoon La Orilla trail (parking along El Camino Real). Walk west to the power lines, then go north to the Stonebridge mesa. You will need to cross a wet area (an inch or two of water and/or mud).

The coordinates I have for the Thrasher are: 33.015652, -117.248222 (look to the SW in the barren field).

-Gjon

--
- - -
Gjon Hazard

Bob Chaddock

Easier access is from the Santa Helena trail head in Solana Beach.  Straight down the hill from where Santa Helena ends, and probably a shorter walk.

Bob Chaddock

On Sunday, March 21, 2021, 10:47:50 AM PDT, Gjon Hazard <gjon_hazard@...> wrote:

If you’re unfamiliar with the area, the access is from San Elijo Lagoon La Orilla trail (parking along El Camino Real). Walk west to the power lines, then go north to the Stonebridge mesa. You will need to cross a wet area (an inch or two of water and/or mud).

The coordinates I have for the Thrasher are: 33.015652, -117.248222 (look to the SW in the barren field).

-Gjon

On Mar 21, 2021, at 8:49 AM, Geoff Veith via groups.io <veithlaw@...> wrote:

The sage thrasher found by Dan King was re-found this morning at the same location Dan reported yesterday and day before

--
- - -
Gjon Hazard
Encinitas

Gjon Hazard

Ah, yes, but of course. Much obliged.

Regardless, the larger point (which I should’ve stated at the outset) is that Stonebridge Lane is a gated community, and the trailhead there is not open to the public. To access the mesa, you have to walk in from the south.

Happy trails.

-Gjon