Rose-breast, Palm, Am. Redstart, TK's, Black-chinned, Plumbeous

lehman.paul@verizon.net

On Thursday the 14th, I had a somewhat brief female/immature Rose-breasted Grosbeak in the TRV community gardens which then flew off to the SW to the riparian W of the B&B. Before that, Matt S. had a Tropical Kingbird, with Cassin's, in the gardens, which also soon disappeared. Earlier in the morning, I had a Tropical Kingbird at the NASNI golf course, as viewed from Coronado Avenue, as well as a continuing Vermilion Flycatcher there. That TK is likely a continuing bird and also likely a returning wintering bird. (Makes three different TK's in the county today.) At the Sunset ball fields there's an immature male Vermilion Flycatcher, whereas previously there had been a female there. Also today, there's a Palm Warbler at Holy Cross Cemetery, which is near the intersection of the 805 & 94 freeways. The bird is frequenting the southeast corner of the cemetery, to the right after you enter off Hilltop Drive. On the lawns. Also a White-breasted Nuthatch there.

Yesterday, the 13th, there was an American Redstart at Fort Rosecrans Cemetery (southeast corner), a getting-late Western Kingbird along Woodworth Way in Liberty Station, the continuing and presumably returning Plumbeous Vireo in Wing Street Canyon, and the continuing, long-staying Reddish Egret at the San Diego River mouth (Robb Field).

Late on the 12th, there was still a late-lingering Black-chinned Hummingbird at feeders in Tierrasanta, although I then missed it on the 13th.

--Paul Lehman, San Diego