Probably returning Gray Flycatcher to Hickman Field, 01/14

Barbara

This morning I saw and photographed a Gray Flycatcher at Hickman Field around 8 am on the first fence line on the right. It continued to move west, eventually ending up in the trees in that same area.

Paul Lehman suggests this is probably a returning bird which was first found by Jeremiah Stock on 4 Jan 2018, and seen by me back then on 7 Jan. However, it has been missed for the two intervening years.

The male Vermilion Flycatcher also continues here.

Barbara Carlson
San Diego

Barbara

Hickman Field is here:

Hickman Field
5300 Hickman Field Dr,
San Diego, CA 92111

It’s down the street and around the corner from REI.

Barbara Carlson
San Diego

On Jan 14, 2021, at 2:44 PM, Barbara via groups.io <barbarac2003@...> wrote:

This morning I saw and photographed a Gray Flycatcher at Hickman Field around 8 am on the first fence line on the right. It continued to move west, eventually ending up in the trees in that same area.

Paul Lehman suggests this is probably a returning bird which was first found by Jeremiah Stock on 4 Jan 2018, and seen by me back then on 7 Jan. However, it has been missed for the two intervening years.

The male Vermilion Flycatcher also continues here.

Barbara Carlson
San Diego

Jean Nichols Eichenlaub

Named for the pilot who guided his disabled jet to crash in the open field rather than bailing out.

Jean Eichenlaub