Possible Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at SOUTH Clairemont Rec.

John Bruin

This afternoon I found a Sapsucker in the SE corner of this park. It was in a tree just NE of a fresh new log barrier.  South Clairemont rec is on Claremont Drive just south of Balboa Ave. About 1.7 air miles from North Clairemont Rec. No red on nape, red throat with a strong black border, red cap. This is not confirmed yet. If it is though it may be the missing bird from North Clairemont as it has not been reported there since February 14. Photos in my report. https://ebird.org/checklist/S83759820

John Bruin
Bay Park