Pepper Park Update -- March 6th

Jonny Sperling

Hi,

I was able to find all the continuing rarities reported recently near Pepper Park. However, instead of going to Pepper Park I chose to start at the Sweetwater Bikeway entrance, located at the corner of Hoover Ave and W 33rd St. When I got to the area where you can go either left or right I chose to go right and it opened up to Paradise Creek and the channel that Pepper Park is overlooking. The White-winged Scoter was directly in front of the small fishing bridges, foraging with the Surf Scoters. It actually comes up pretty close if you wait long enough. The Tricolored Heron flew by briefly, though not cooperative in the least. I saw it on the mudflats of Paradise Creek briefly as well, standing with the Willets. The Eurasian Wigeon was there as well with a few Northen Pintails, and I had a Caspian Tern flyover.

Here's the checklist with the photos.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S82895005

Jonny Sperling
Bonita