Northern Parula

Alison Hiers

The Northern Parula continued today at the Latter Day Saints Church.  I was there about 10:45 (stayed about an hour and a half) and found it in the Tipu tree furthest from the path (north end of church parking lot), then again in the Tipu between the path and the northern tree next to the church but never in the trees by the path.  It stayed high in the trees and took awhile sometimes for it to get in the open enough to really see it.  The folks at the church were super nice and interested in the birds and even offered me a chair!  But I did park along the street and wouldn't suggest anyone park in their lot.  There were lots of warblers, especially at that north end - Wilson's, Townsend's, Yellow-rumped & Orange-crowned in addition to the Parula.

Alison Hiers
Carlsbad