Topics

New Grace's Warbler, 2/26

Matt Sadowski

Jim Pawlicki found a new Grace's Warbler in residential Point Loma at 936 Albion St. It flew in from the east where there is a pink-flowering eucalyptus tree and pine tree. The bird is a dull example and is missing feathers around the bill so is likely foraging in the flowering eucalyptus at times.

Matt Sadowski

Sara Baase Mayers

     I am so pleased Jim saw this bird! We live two houses away, and it was in our yard Jan. 20 and Feb. 9. I thought Grace's was most likely but was hoping for a more definitive view before posting. Thanks, Jim and Matt.

On 2/26/2021 11:45 AM, Matt Sadowski wrote:
Jim Pawlicki found a new Grace's Warbler in residential Point Loma at 936 Albion St. It flew in from the east where there is a pink-flowering eucalyptus tree and pine tree. The bird is a dull example and is missing feathers around the bill so is likely foraging in the flowering eucalyptus at times.

Matt Sadowski
_._,_._,_

Sara Mayers
Point Loma (San Diego)