Topics

Neotropic cormorant

The Neotroopic Cormorant is still present on the San Diego River.  It was seen this morning by at least 3 birders in the stretch of the river between Texas St. and Mission Center Way, I unfortunately was not one of the three birders.  At least one person photographed it as well.

peter thomas

Millie and I checked the roost location at Vandever and Fairmont around 10:00 AM this morning (no Cormorants at all), then went to the SD River to the east of Mission Center Rd.where we pursued the flock of Cormorants up and back and up and..... We got fleeting looks at a small, dark Cormorant that we believe to the the target bird (photos to be examined).  We later returned to the roosting spot on the lines over the River at Vandever and the bird was on the lines, accompanied by 10-15 DC Cormorants at 12:10 PM. today. Photos to follow.

Peter and Millie Thomas