Mission Bay Cactus wren

Jim Roberts GMAIL

This morning (9/6/21) at 9 AM, a CACTUS WREN was present at Kendall-Frost Marsh (north of Crown Point).  It was foraging in the cholla cactus on the steep slope along the sidewalk.  I watched it for 15 minutes.  I returned there on the way back home and it was still present at 11 AM.  It will chuck and call occasionally, go silent for a while.  During a silent period, I played a tape and it flew up within 3 feet of me.  A good 5 mile radius bird for some of us.

                            Jim Roberts
                            University City