Imperial Beach Birding 12/16 - Little Stint, Ross's Goose, Common Goldeneye, Black Scoter, and Pacific Golden-Plover

Nathan Goldberg

Nick Barber and I hit a number of sites today (Thursday, 12/16) in the Imperial Beach area, starting at the 10th Street access for the South Bay Salt Works.

The LITTLE STINT made two short appearances mid-morning on Stint Island, around 8:45 AM and again close to 9:00 AM. The ROSS'S GOOSE continued as well, flying back and forth between the marsh and the neighboring school yard. Additionally, we had 11 female-type COMMON GOLDENEYE out to the north within the Redheads, just west of the salt ponds.

Moving south, Nick and I then birded the area around YMCA Camp Surf and located two female BLACK SCOTERS within the Surf Scoters north of the jetty.

Finally, we birded the Tijuana River Mouth, after some work were able to locate one PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER loosely associating with the Black-bellied Plovers.

Good birding,

Nathan Goldberg
San Diego (recently transplanted from Chicago)