Topics

Greater Pewee continues on the west side of Balboa Park

Mel Senac

The Greater Pewee made an appearance at 9:20 AM this morning, Saturday 1/18/20. I was ready to give up when it suddenly appeared in a Euc along the canyon edge near the restrooms. This is south of the Magnolia grove along the sidewalk. It then flew to the large Euc in the middle of the grass near the tall Star Pines . It was not present in this location for the first hour. In looking at previous checklists this bird appears to make an appearance in this location between 9:00 AM and 1:00PM.
In other news, the Neotropic Cormorant was at the roost on the power lines over the SD River off Friars Rd. I arrived at 7:05 AM- scanned the flock ( scope recommended) and found the Cormorant at 7:10 AM. At 7:17 AM the roosting flock all departed. Perhaps headed to Santee Lakes?
Mel Senac
San Diego