FW: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Neotropic Cormorant - Del Mar

Susan Smith

Mucho apologies to all, my reply to Mel was meant for another group! But it might be helpful for  people to know that the Neotropical Corm and the other corms come in to roost there in late afternoon and evening before sunset. Sue Smith, Del Mar

-------- Original message --------
From: "Susan Smith via groups.io" <seiurus@...>
Date: 6/28/22 9:00 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: Mel Senac <msenac@...>, "King, Dan" <kingdaking519@...>
Cc: SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Neotropic Cormorant - Del Mar

It's the wire over near  the bridge right? I went there just before sunset last night and it was there too, roosting on the wire with 9 DC corms. They perch there mainly morning and late afternoon/evenings. The only problem is the darn Del Mar fair and pre-opening set up activity, but I just looked and they are closed Wednesday! So that is a possibility, and we could check San Elijo afterwards, parking at/near the Nature Center. It is another option. Sue