Ferruginous Hawk in Encinitas

carib_boo

Apologies for the late post: Over the weekend we had a ferruginous hawk on the power pole in our yard on Lone Jack Road in Encinitas, along Escondido Creek east of San Elijo Lagoon (the same power pole we had a peregrine on in December). I've heard that likely the same ferruginous has been seen by San Elijo Lagoon Conservancy/Nature Collective employees over the past week. Also had a flock of seven white-face ibis flying high to the south across Escondido Creek on Sunday, which proved that I can count birds from a down dog yoga pose on the deck.

Betsy Miller Vixie
Olivenhain