Evening Grosbeak continues on 1/3/21

Mark Stratton

Good afternoon,

This morning, Carl Ebling, Michelle Merrigan and myself, had the Continuing Evening Grosbeak at Agua Dulce, right in the area by the pumphouse.  There are some boulders just to the down creek side of the house and it requented that area, down to about 50 or 60 yards downstream, eating whatever berries it could find.  We first heard it's call when we got there, as it flew over our heads and then about 15 minutes later, it landed in a tree right by me, then hung around for a good 30 to 40 minutes before flying off.  The bird does occasionally call so it is good to know it's call.  Picture and ebird checklist will be posted later today.

Mark Stratton
North Park

Mark Stratton

Just attaching the ebird list for today's Grosbeak.