Topics

Cackling Goose Ramona Pond 1/18 @ 2:45 pm

Alison Hiers

On our way back from seeing the Purple Sandpiper and Garganey at the Salton Sea yesterday (not to be discussed here since they are not in San Diego county!) we stopped at Ramona Pond to check the flock of Canada geese for a Cackling and there was one.  From the road most of the geese could be seen to the left and behind the pond in a field.  The Cackling was easily spotted with a scope because it is significantly smaller and the white neck ring was clearly visible.  Sorry for the late post but it was a long day yesterday.