Black Swifts ; Carlsbad 16MAY 2021

Tito Gonzalez

A had a flock of 8-9 BLACK SWIFTS appear today 16MAY2021 around 10:20 AM over the Crossing Golf Course in Carlsbad. They appeared to be foraging in a roughly circular shape at moderate height over the power lines before drifting east and then up out of sight. I will add photos to my ebird report later today. I just wanted to get word out that more BLACK SWIFTS were seen today in Carlsbad, adding to report from Mount Soledad earlier this morning. Is it possible they are the same group? How fast do they migrate?

Tito Gonzalez

Carlsbad CA

Tito Gonzalez

Photos of BLACK SWIFTS seen in Carlsbad this morning added to ebird report.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S88296379

Tito Gonzalez
Carlsbad, CA