Another Great Effort, Thank You for Making the 2021 Christmas Bird Count A Success

Travis Kemnitz

 Hello CBC Counters and Fellow Bird Lovers,

Our 69th year count is in the books. What a beautiful day for a count and you, approx. 150 counters came through in a huge way, once again. Preliminary results, 206 species recorded. It is great to know our birds and community can count on you to be there for this important endeavor and help inform science and decision making with our data. Thank you!!!

We received great media coverage of this year's count, see links below. Always nerve-racking when we are trying our hardest to get the count done but great to get the word out about our critical work.

Special thanks to Justyn Stahl, our amazing compiler who wrangled you all together and executed another amazing CBC. We can't thank you enough for your dedication, efficiency, and for the important role you play. Hoping to have you at the lead for the 70th annual in 2022!

Thanks to Carol Parker for helping feed the flock and all the tasty treats!!

As we head into 2022, our efforts to protect birds, other wildlife and their habitats are only going to intensify and we will need your continued support. Please reach out with ideas, feedback, to learn ways to volunteer further, and keep following us via eNews and Sketches. Together we can bring about great change for our county and beyond.

Happy Holidays, New Year, and thank you for making SD a brighter and birdier place.

Best wishes,

Travis Kemnitz
Executive Director

4010 Morena Blvd., St. 100, San Diego, CA 92117
Office: 858-273-7800, 102
Mobile: 619-807-4511
Website        Facebook        Instagram

Be the hope for birds, wildlife, and their habitats. Become a Friend today!

Please stay connected by signing up for our eNews mailing list and seeing the latest happenings in our Newsroom