Topics

American Redstart Kit Carson Park

Ryan Andrews

I just found a male American Redstart at Sand Lake in Kit Carson Park while feeding the ducks bird seed with my girlfriend. I first heard it calling then tracked it down between the two cement culverts that are over the creek inflows into the lake. Unfortunately I only had my phone but it came within 8ft of us so I have many identifiable phone pics.

Also had three Canvasback on the pond, a Green Heron sneaking along the creek by the redstart, and a Townsends and Myrtle Warbler came in to pishing as well.

Ryan Andrews
Valley Center