Neotropic Cormorant - Del Mar

Susan Smith

It's the wire over near  the bridge right? I went there just before sunset last night and it was there too, roosting on the wire with 9 DC corms. They perch there mainly morning and late afternoon/evenings. The only problem is the darn Del Mar fair and pre-opening set up activity, but I just looked and they are closed Wednesday! So that is a possibility, and we could check San Elijo afterwards, parking at/near the Nature Center. It is another option. Sue

-------- Original message --------
From: Mel Senac <msenac@...>
Date: 6/28/22 6:18 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: "King, Dan" <kingdaking519@...>
Cc: SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Neotropic Cormorant - Del Mar

Ok- last reply I will send out ( sorry) but Neotropic Cormorant just flew back in at 6:14 AM after being gone for 5 minutes. On wire adjacent to Del Mar Blue Print Company. Close to Del Mar Public works for those not familiar with the area.
Mel Senac

On Jun 27, 2022, at 7:05 PM, King, Dan <kingdaking519@...> wrote:

For those who have not yet had enough of Neotropic  Cormorants this year, there was a bird this evening (June 27) perched on the wires along the Jimmy Durante Boulevard bridge over the San Dieguito River near the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

Dan King

Susan Smith
Seiurus Biological Consulting
Del Mar, CA

Mel Senac

Ok- last reply I will send out ( sorry) but Neotropic Cormorant just flew back in at 6:14 AM after being gone for 5 minutes. On wire adjacent to Del Mar Blue Print Company. Close to Del Mar Public works for those not familiar with the area.
Mel Senac

On Jun 27, 2022, at 7:05 PM, King, Dan <kingdaking519@...> wrote:

For those who have not yet had enough of Neotropic  Cormorants this year, there was a bird this evening (June 27) perched on the wires along the Jimmy Durante Boulevard bridge over the San Dieguito River near the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

Dan King
San Diego

Mel Senac

Just flew off at 6:04 AM with a Double-crested Cormorant headed south
Mel

On Jun 27, 2022, at 7:05 PM, King, Dan <kingdaking519@...> wrote:

For those who have not yet had enough of Neotropic  Cormorants this year, there was a bird this evening (June 27) perched on the wires along the Jimmy Durante Boulevard bridge over the San Dieguito River near the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

Dan King
San Diego

Mel Senac

Neotropic cormorant still present at the Cormorant roost at 6:00 AM this morning, June 28.
Mel Senac
San Diego

On Jun 27, 2022, at 7:05 PM, King, Dan <kingdaking519@...> wrote:

For those who have not yet had enough of Neotropic  Cormorants this year, there was a bird this evening (June 27) perched on the wires along the Jimmy Durante Boulevard bridge over the San Dieguito River near the Del Mar Fairgrounds.

Dan King
San Diego

King, Dan