Topics

Greater Pewee

Stan Walens

I was at the dog park in Balboa Park looking for Brotogeris parakeets (no luck) while Nathan was across the canyon seeing the greater pewee. Soon after he reported that it had left its usual area near the bathroom, it appeared in the dog park. It has been in the trees at the south end of the dog park for the last almost 2 hours.

Stan Walens, San Diego
Jan. 13, 2020; 12:20pm

Andrew N

Hello again, I just refound the Greater Pewee once more at 1pm in a Magnolia tree at 32.731600,-117.156244, near the bridge.

It was silent both times I found it.

Andrew Newmark
El Cajon

Andrew N

I found the Balboa Park Greater Pewee this morning at 11:45am in its usual spot in the dead snags in the back of the bridle trail. However, after a few minutes I watched it fly across the freeway and into the top of a distant tree on zoo property, so that might explain where it's been hiding out.

Andrew Newmark
El Cajon