From: Edward Henry <ehenry@...>
To: sandiegoregionbirding <sandiegoregionbirding@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, May 27, 2019 8:38 pm
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Hudsonian Godwit

Many birders observed the Hudsonian Godwit in Ocean Beach on the main mudflat of the San Diego River.  These photos were taken about 2:20 p.m. from the south shore.

Thanks to John Bruin and Paul Lehman.

Ed Henry

47947923026_2cdb81c869_c.jpg

--
Susan Smith
Seiurus Biological Consulting

Anthony Fife

Looking at going out tomorrow morning (05/28/19) when I get off work (sunrise) to try and relocate. Anyone have a good description or gps location for where the HUDSONIAN GODWIT has been seen forging?

Thank You,

Anthony “TooFly” Fife
La Mesa, Ca

David Trissel

At 2:30 today:

Due north of skatepark at Robb Field.

Smaller and more colorful than Nearby Marbled Godwits.

David Trissel
San Diego, CA

On May 27, 2019, at 9:46 PM, Anthony Fife via Groups.Io <imtooflytofly@...> wrote:

Looking at going out tomorrow morning (05/28/19) when I get off work (sunrise) to try and relocate. Anyone have a good description or gps location for where the HUDSONIAN GODWIT has been seen forging?

Thank You,

Anthony “TooFly” Fife
La Mesa, Ca

Nancy Christensen

Foraging along Mission Beach still at 11:14. Flew north from previous position and is now a bit north of San Jose Pl. Stunning close views!

Nancy Christensen
Ramona

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Chinese Proverb

Pete Gordon

Good morning,

Anyone seen the Hudsonian Godwit so far this morning (29 May)?

We are headed to Robb FIeld from the OC this morning.

Pete Gordon

Janice Nordenberg

Just posted on WhatsApp:

Currently on the beach near tower 19 and Santa Clara Pl.  Observed between 07 30 and a little after 0800.

Jan Nordenberg
San Diego

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 7:28 AM Pete Gordon <peterandmiko@...> wrote:
Good morning,

Anyone seen the Hudsonian Godwit so far this morning (29 May)?

We are headed to Robb FIeld from the OC this morning.

Pete Gordon

--
Jan Nordenberg Sent from Gmail Mobile

Pete Gordon

All

the bird is on the beach between towers 19 and 20.  Was with a Willet, but now by himself.  Here between 9:15 and  9:50.

Pete Gordon
Foothill Ranch,  CA

Dennis

The godwit was ridiculously obliging at 1320 foraging between lifeguard towers 19 and 20 as reported many times.
Dennis Parker
Tierrasanta

Trish G

The bird named Hugo is currently across from the tennis courts off of robb field in the San Diego river

Trish Gussler, anaheim