Topics

Gull ID help needed

Roger Uzun

Can anyone ID the gull on the left side of this photo from Lindo Lake in Lakeside on Dec 17, 2018?  I think it's probably a Herring Gull but I'm not sure.

-Roger Uzun

Brennan Mulrooney

California Gull. I find that leg color (deathly gray/green) on immature Cal Gulls is the easiest field mark to use for a quick ID. And with immature gulls, a quick ID is all I am interested in.

Brennan Mulrooney
Santee, CA

--
Brennan Mulrooney