Topics

Red-necked Grebe

Janice Nordenberg

For the record, on 2/16 I searched for the Red-necked Grebe at Shelter Island between 9:30 and 11:00 and did not find it. I looked from the fishing pier south to the end, accessible parts of the east side and north of the fishing pier. Only Grebe was an Eared north of the pier.

Jan Nordenberg
Jan Nordenberg Sent from Gmail Mobile

David Povey

I got John Sterling's post about 9 a.m. this morning, and as I was only several blocks away, I ran over to see it.

I had missed this bird on my last through check around Shelter isalnd.

I assumed John meant the Tuna Fisherman Memorial, by the play ground. it was not there.

I did see the bird across the channel leading into the Harbor Police, and yacht clubs.

There is a "Rim of the Pacific" art display there, and also the nearby Friendship Bell so perhaps that the memorial he meant.

At any rate the Red-necked Grebe was right in front of the Scripps Oceanograph "Flip" ship.

Dave Povey

Dulzura