Topics

Tri-colored Heron by Seacoast Dr.

Lisa Ruby

Same location as reported yesterday. By gray apartments. Now

Lisa Ruby
Sabre Springs

slester@...

Morning all!

I spotted the Tricolored Heron around 9 AM directly behind the gray apartment complex surrounded by a Little Blue Heron and a Snowy Egret. I got some pretty bad pictures, but it likes hiding moreso than the other herons -- like it knows it's rare and people are trying to find it. :)

This was rarity #2 for me! Thanks again to Michael Woodruff (sorry, stalked you on eBird) for letting me use his scope to get a better look at it. Good luck to the three others I relayed its location to on my way out!

Stephen
North Park

15. Jan 2017 11:14 by SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply@...: