Turkeys & Yahoo Groups

W Terry Hunefeld

Why do turkeys cross roads?

Why does Yahoo groups hold a message in queue for 2 hours, then INSTANTLY send it along with the submitted replacement post so that readers see the same post twice and the reporter looks like a dork?

These are the questions we're working on here in the desert, where the winds are forecast to HOWL again tomorrow.

Terry Hunefeld

Borrego Springs

... Wind Advisory remains in effect from 5 PM this afternoon to
noon PDT Thursday...

* winds... westerly 25 to 35 mph with gusts 45 to 55 mph. Isolated
gusts to 60 mph in the windiest locations.

* Timing... late this afternoon through Thursday morning.

* Location... ridgetops and desert slopes of the mountains in
Riverside and San Diego counties.

* Visibility... locally reduced in blowing dust.

* Impacts... travel locally hazardous.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.

Matt Sadowski <matt.sadowski@...>

Regarding Yahoogroups, has anybody been able to search the archives recently? It hasn't worked for me for a week or more, both SDRB and the old SDBirds archives. Is anything being done to fix this?

Matt Sadowski

On 4/27/2016 4:51 PM, thunefeld@... [SanDiegoRegionBirding] wrote:

[...]

Gary Nunn

I just searched the SanDiegoRegionBirding group for "Franklin" which found 25 entries going back to 28 Dec 2013.

Appears to be working so far as I can tell.

Gary Nunn,
Pacific Beach.