Re: Shelter Island–Bait Docks, SD Bay – 3 adult NAZCA BOOBY, 06 Sep 2019

Jimmy McMorran

Hi Birders,
So happy the Searcher saw not just one but three Nazca Boobies at Shelter Island area. There was an adult or near adult on one of the bait barges with clearly orange bill as we passed by. This was at 4:00 a.m, and not the side or area were we got our bait, so didn’t attempt a photo. And didn’t think it was good idea to text  SD RBA at that time. Guess I should have at least posted, but was busy, then had no service when I had time. So at least one Nazca Booby was present a 4:00 a.m. on (9/6/2019). Will post later on some fun birds just south of the border. Just getting back into cell reception and seeing these booby posts, so thought I’d chime in real quick.
Good Birding,
Jimmy McMorran
Leucadia, CA

On Sep 6, 2019, at 9:44 AM, Gary Nunn <garybnunn@...> wrote:

I am now hearing the three adult boobies in SD Bay are all NAZCA BOOBY.  Photographed and with orange bills.

Just acting as the messenger!

--
Gary Nunn
Pacific Beach