Cabrillo Tide Pools - apparent Masked Booby, 31 Aug 2019

Gary Nunn

While quite a large number of people looking for frazari American Oystercatcher at Cabrillo NM this morning, no sign of that bird, an apparent adult Masked Booby flew by quite close to shore north-to-south. The bill looked greenish and tail appearance a blackish narrow belt around tail tip so looks pretty good we thought for Masked Booby.

There are some photos taken we will take a closer inspection later.

Called out I believe by Dan Jehl - thanks for the yell!

Gary Nunn,
Pacific Beach