Yellow-crowned Night Herons at Batiquitos Lagoon

Paula Theobald

Three Yellow-crowned Night Herons, two adults and a juvenile, were observed this morning at the lagoon at two locations.  All three were seen at the same time spread out along the reedy shoreline along the I5, south of the I5 bridge. One adult and the juvenile flew across the lagoon and into a small tree/large bush on the trail that leads from the Gabbiano Lane parking area towards the I5. We didn’t see any of the three under the bridge as others have observed.

Paula Theobald
Oceanside

It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy…Let’s go exploring!