Leucadia Rose-breasted Grosbeak (6/2/19)

Jimmy McMorran

Hi Birders,
A Black-headed/Rose-breasted Grosbeak was heard singing throughout the morning in one of my neighbors yards on Sunday, June 2, 2019. I was never able to locate it when I had time to search. Much later in the day while folks were over for a BBQ the bird briefly appeared at one of my water features and it was a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak! Needless to say I got excited (perhaps over-excited) and folks got a life bird whether they wanted to or not.
I wasn't prepared to document with a photo. A Willow Flycatcher also stopped by my yard briefly for most to see.
Although the Rose-breasted Grosbeak is not a new yard bird, it's only the second and always a welcomed treat. Willow Flycatchers visiting my yard are annual but vary in numbers year-to-year.

Good Birding,
Jimmy McMorran
Leucadia, CA

--