Purple Martins, Empids, Borrego Springs WTP

Greg Gillson

Strong winds arrived at dawn. Blowing 25-35 mph. Two Purple Martins flying over the desert calling with buzzy chirps. Female types, with pale collars.

Flycatchers dropped in over night. About 9 Pac-slope, 7 Willow, 2 Pewees hiding near the ground on the lee side of mesquite trees. All singing and calling. I should have many good photos to work with when I get home after the long weekend.

8:30 am, and seems birding is done for the day in the desert. At least I found some warm and not rainy weather.

Greg Gillson

--
Greg Gillson
Escondido, California