From: Stan Walens <stan.walens@...>
To: sandiegoregionbirding <sandiegoregionbirding@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, May 25, 2019 11:07 am
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] La Jolla Cove, May 25: 1500+ black storm-petrels

After watching the number of storm-petrels dwindle to almost none yesterday evening, I was surprised to see that this morning the black-storm petrels had returned to the Cove.
Widely scattered with many, many over the rough water of the canyon to the north.
But about 1500 or so between shore and the canyon.

Sooty shearwaters only far out. A few black-vented shearwaters.
No boobies.

Stan Walens, San Diego
May 25, 2019; 10:00 am3

--