Neotropic Cormorant, Lake Cuyamaca, 8 May 2019

Paul Chad

Yesterday afternoon, I saw the bird that was almost certainly the one photographed about a month ago and has been identified as an immature Neotropic Cormorant, i.e. a bird about 2/3 the size of the Double-cresteds it was with, tail at least as proportionately long as the DCs but not much distinctively longer, very pale in face and throat (viewed from a behind-angle).

I did not turn up Nancy's Indigo at Paso Picacho, did hear and see two Lazuli's. Also had a MacGillivray's Warbler and Dusky Flycatcher (all-grayish empid with bold eye ring, 'dee-ich' call note) at Stonewall Mine.

Paul Chad
University City