La Mesa, Ca

Anthony Fife

Last night 05/09/19 around 5:40 pm I had a small fallout of warblers in my yard. Had more than 20 moving through in less than 10 minutes. There were Hermit Warblers, Yellow Warblers, Wilson’s Warblers, Orange Crowned Warblers, Black-Throted Grays, and Townsend’s. I also had a bird I thought was a Yellow Warbler but now is looking like something else. Some are leaning towards a Orchard Oriole...but the verdict is still out.

The lighting was poor and the birds were moving fast, so I could not ID them all. I am sharing because I am at work this morning and can’t check again until tonight (around 4 pm). If anyone is in the Grossmont Area, it may be worth a look. There are a lot of Blooming Silk Oak I didn’t get a chance to check. Just head north on BRIER RD from MURRAY DR. An address for your GPS is 9284 BRIER Rd. Great for birding by car and don’t forget to check BRAMBLE RD.

Ebird:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56025077