FOS Western Wood Pewee for me at Fort Rosecrans, Sun 4/14

Susan Smith

I came late and could only do part of the east side of the cemetery (NE loop to Committal center on east side), and it had already gotten a bit breezy.  It was generally quiet and I did not refind any Hammond's Flycatchers reported earlier here.  But Ash-throated flycatchers have begun to arrive, and some other regular migrants, including Rufous Hummers (No Calliopes, tho I looked), and for me, a  FOS  WESTERN WOOD PEWEE  (near the Eucalyptus Grove)--plus others.  According to the Bird Atlas (Unitt 2004) Western Wood Pewee's usual arrival date is around April 20, but April 10 is the earliest date.

Susan Smith
Seiurus Biological  Consulting
Del Mar, CA
seiurus@...