locked Re: Dairy Mart pond 4-4-19

Brennan Mulrooney

Guy, et. al. I certainly didn't mean to send that to the group and I certainly don't want to discourage Eric from posting. That said, while he does include the words "Yellow-breasted Chat" in his post, he doesn't actually say that he saw one. He really doesn't tell us anything. Maybe that was a list of birds he intended to go in search of! 

So I guess, now that we're here, I would like to discourage people from posting incomplete lists of birds with no details or context, especially if including potentially significant records. But that was not the intent of my message, I was merely venting my personal frustration. 

As someone who rarely posts sightings to the list anymore, I'm hardly one to critique anyone else's posting habits. I'm obviously out of practice!

I'd gladly be put on moderated status for my own protection!

Brennan Mulrooney
Santee, CA

Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:53 PM
To: 'Brennan Mulrooney'; 'Justyn Stahl'; 'Jimmy McMorran'
Cc: sandiegoregionbirding@groups.io
Subject: RE: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Dairy Mart pond 4-4-19

I, for one, appreciate Eric's posts - in this post he includes what is probably the earliest Yellow-breasted Chat of the year. I am unable to determine the date for the earliest Bullock's Oriole this spring from data entered into eBird. Can you? Please don't discourage Eric.

Guy McCaskie

-----Original Message-----
From: SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io [mailto:SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io] On Behalf Of Brennan Mulrooney
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2019 12:25 PM
To: Justyn Stahl <justyn.stahl@...>; Jimmy McMorran <bigshell53@...>
Cc: sandiegoregionbirding@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Dairy Mart pond 4-4-19

WHY DOES HE EVEN BOTHER???
> On Apr 4, 2019, at 12:05 PM, Eric Kallen <eric@...> wrote:
>
> Yellow-breasted Chat
> Yellow Warbler
> Bell’s Vireo
> Downy Woodpecker
>
>
> Eric Kallen
>
>
>

--
Brennan Mulrooney
Santee, CA

--
Brennan Mulrooney
Santee, CA

Join SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.