Archie Moore Rd Ramona

Roger Uzun

I headed up to Archie Moore Rd in Ramona this afternoon around 3PM to see what was there.  There were a few Red-Tailed Hawks in the area, a Ferruginous Hawk, Say's Phoebes, American Crows, a Kestrel, not much else.  Went by the Pomegranite farm area, but only birds I saw were Phoebes and Yellow-Rumped Warblers.

As the sun started to get low I headed  up to Rangeland rd and got out of my car near where the Bald Eagles have a nest, and on the West side of Rangeland Rd opposite of the Nest area was a Juvenile Bald eagle, maybe 25 ft from my car.  I did not see it until it took off and only managed a blurry photo as it flew away.  At the time I thought it was a Golden Eagle but looking at the photo it's not, it's pretty clearly a Juvenile Bald eagle.

Some locals said there has been a Juvenile Bald Eagle hanging around the power poles and flying low in the fields, so there might be a photo op here.

I saw no Mountain Bluebirds, and no blackbirds to speak of, except maybe a few red-winged or brewers far in the distance, I couldn't be sure what they were.

ebird lists here -

-Roger Uzun
Poway CA