Dos Picos Morning

Roger Uzun

In celebration of the 5 mile concept, I went birding this morning (Weds Jan 2) at Dos Picos Park in Ramona.  I didn't realize Virginia Rails were common there, it is listed as a common bird on the ebird list for that site.  I got some good shots of it as it worked on a fish that was left by some fisherman earlier.  Lots of other probably common, but uncommon to me, birds out and about including Gold-Crowned Sparrows and a Male purple finch at the water spigot.

I also birded around the house and down in Nestor/Hollister yesterday morning, Tuesday Jan 1st.  I did see the Vermilions, the Scarlet Tanager at Tesoro, but whiffed on the Scissor-Tailed, Thick-Billed or any of the Tropical Flycatchers down there.

Some photos from yesterday and today here -

-Roger Uzun
Poway CA