prairie falcon camp pendleton 29 dec 2018

Robert Patton

Thought posting location for those with military access may be worthwhile:  This afternoon around 1:30, Wendy Prestera and I observed an adult male prairie falcon initially perched on a utility pole on the small hill just NE of the dog park along the NW edge of the Barnett Circle housing area, then soaring/circling over the canyon just NE of there & SE of the stables area.
Earlier in the day, we had at least 5 barn swallows over the NE dry bed of Windmill Lake.
Happy birding,
Robert Patton
San Diego, CA