BTGreen continuing at Greenwood

Gjon Hazard

Late report:

I happened upon the continuing BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER at Greenwood Memorial Park this morning (12/12). It initially was in the Elks Rest area, but it quickly moved east past the building.

Minor but perhaps worth mentioning...

WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCHES (2), and a LARK SPARROW.

Also, with the upcoming count in mind...

The fruiting magnolias near the western chainlink fence harbored numerous Cedar Waxings and Western Bluebirds, and a few kingbirds.

And there were pink-flowering eucalyptus along that same western fence (the trees technically are in Mt Hope) that had a number of Selasphorus hummingbirds. While I presume most were Allen's, there was an adult male that I couldn't see any green on the back, but the angle was such that it could have easily eluded observation. It might be worth a second look, however.