Nestor and Tesoro Grove area

Roger Uzun

Headed to Nestor Park/Tesoro Grove to try and see the American Redstart and Summer Tanager there.  I got there before 8AM but it was pretty dead until after 9 AM.  I saw the Summer Tanager, a Bullock's Oriole, Wilson's Warbler, and American Redstart on the west side of Tesoro Grove Way near the entrance to the apartments.  Best views were when I was just south of the trees there and looking to the North, the birds would periodically hop into view.

I've never seen a Scarlet Tanager so if anyone re-finds it please let me know!

-Roger Uzun
Poway CA