Pectoral Sandpiper & Red-Necked Phalarope Continue at Calavera

Tuck Russell

Both seen around 5:30P at the previously reported NE location near the Sky Haven Trailhead.  Nice finds by Tito Gonzalez.  This is a pretty birdy spot right now.  I managed about thirty species by standing in one spot for an hour, despite several telephone call interruptions.  And I probably missed a couple.

Checklist with bad ID photos of the rarities (and a greater yellowlegs for comparison to the pectoral sandpiper) below.  My long lens is in for repair, alas.

Tuck Russell
Hillcrest