From: SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io [mailto:SanDiegoRegionBirding@groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Uzun
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:53 PM
To: Birds San Diego SDBirds <sandiegoregionbirding@groups.io>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Possible Hybrid hummingbird

The feeders around my house near Iron Mountain in Poway have gotten busy again with a variety of hummingbirds.  One that looks a little unusual to me looks like a Juvenile Costa's with the coloration of an allens in its back and wing feathers.  Do these species hybridize?

It sounds exactly like a Costa's so it's probably just a Costa's.  But if someone more knowledgeable could look at the photos of it and let me know if you think it might be a hyrbrid I would be grateful.

-Roger Uzun

Poway CA

Suspicious Hybrid photos -

www.avg.com