Re: Red-necked Grebe

David Povey

I got John Sterling's post about 9 a.m. this morning, and as I was only several blocks away, I ran over to see it.

I had missed this bird on my last through check around Shelter isalnd.

I assumed John meant the Tuna Fisherman Memorial, by the play ground. it was not there.

I did see the bird across the channel leading into the Harbor Police, and yacht clubs.

There is a "Rim of the Pacific" art display there, and also the nearby Friendship Bell so perhaps that the memorial he meant.

At any rate the Red-necked Grebe was right in front of the Scripps Oceanograph "Flip" ship.

Dave Povey

Dulzura