Swainson's Hawks

W Terry Hunefeld

Greetings

The spring migration of Swainson's Hawks has begun.  I am working on the hawk watch committee of the Anza Borrego Desert State Park helping design and produce new hawk watch storyboards for use in the field during the counts and at the Anza Borrego Foundation, the Steele/Burnand Anza-Borrego Desert Research Center and at the State Park Visitor Center.

We're practically finished but are still in need of one hi-res photo of a large group of the hawks on the ground when they're foraging for caterpillars.  We have a laminated copy from the old storyboards but are unable to locate the digital data so are in need of a hi-res digital for the new storyboards.

If you would be willing to share such a photo for production by the Anza Borrego Desert State Park, please email me at thunefeld@...

Happy Birding!