Mountain birding

Nancy Christensen

I spent Tuesday checking various sites in the Cuyamacas and Lagunas. Overall the birds were pretty quiet. A nice flock of Cassins Finches continued at Lake Cuyamaca, foraging in the picnic area. A fairly large flock of Canvasback was there, as well as several snipe. At Stonewall Mine I noted one of the pine trees that has held a Williamson Sapsucker in past years had freshly opened sapwells that were draining sap down the trunk. This pine is in the cluster of pines closest to the bathroom. I didn’t find the bird, but feel one may be present.

Nancy Christensen
Ramona

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song.
Chinese Proverb